In an earlier post, I posed the question “Do you recognise Energy Sappers?” I suggested that they stifle growth, enthusiasm and ideas. So, how can you counteract them? By being an Energy Giver.
Energy Givers naturally have gifting, but there are skills and attitudes that can also be developed by anyone. Defining exactly what Energy Givers have is difficult and vary from person to person but here are a few suggestions.
- Energy Givers look for the positive in others and voice it to them
- Energy Givers initiate positive conversation and join in the conversations of others
- Energy Givers have Humour; share funny situations – starting with yourself
- Energy Givers are aware of their non-verbal language i.e. body language; have an open body posture
- Energy Givers are active listeners.
- Energy Givers surround themselves with positive people
- Energy Givers instill hope in others
- Energy Givers choose their attitude, every day.
Can you add anything to this list?
Is it all about personality and attitude or are there other factors e.g. health?
Thank you for taking the time to visit me here. I appreciate any feedback that you care to give. Please add a comment to introduce yourself, or add value to what I have written in this post. Kate.
Want to be notified of new posts to this site? The subscribe button is at the top right of the page. Thanks.