But what about your home life?
It’s very easy to let the home life suffer for the sake of work, for affirmation, for approval. But surely, the most rewarding “work”, the most necessary affirmation and approval comes from your family first? And this is the area that is so easily missed – and gets mess up.
So, here is Friday’s challenge to all you busy people out there:
- Get your diary (or Outlook calendar etc)
- Sit down with your wife/husband/partner
- Fix regular times in the diary to “date” and block them in the diary as “BUSY” (Do this for the next couple of months)
- Sit down with your children and do the same.
- DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO DOUBLE BOOK THESE TIMES WITH ANYONE, NO MATTER HOW IMPORTANT IT MAY SEEM.
And, if you begin to experience emotions that want to prevent you from spending time with your family, you need to seriously ask yourself why that might be?
Have a great weekend booking “dates” in your diary.
If you are experiencing thoughts, feelings and emotions that you can’t explain that seem to be blocking you from relating to your family in this way, please feel free to contact me to discuss. Kate.
Thank you for taking the time to visit me here. I appreciate any feedback that you care to give. Please add a comment to introduce yourself, or add value to what I have written in this post.
Join in the conversation, or start one of your own, at my FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
Want to be notified of new posts to this site? The subscribe button is at the top right of the page. Thanks.