On Thursday and Friday of the past week, I attended The Global Leadership Summit – a conference originally hosted at Willow Creek Church near Chicago back in August – which was hosted in Kelowna and across many sites in Canada. It is a summit that is held globally; the UK and Europe will be running theirs next month.
The GLS’s aim is to inspire and develop leaders of all types, from all situations:
- Business leaders
- Charity and NGO leaders
- Church leaders
- Youth leaders
- Anyone in a leadership role
The speakers were varied, from US politicians to highly recognised academics; from church leaders to Seth Godin!
There is a lot for me to process but my quick takeaways immediately after the summit are:
- Humility and Vulnerability are powerful
- Do something (Hon. Cory A. Booker)
- Do it differently
- Become a cultivator of human talent (Erwin McManus)
- Tribes need leaders who will commit, connect and cast vision clearly (Seth Godin)
I hope that over the next couple of posts I will openly process these subjects – and I’ll share them with you as I do.