- What are your dreams and aspirations?
- How would you describe yourself?
- If I was to meet your friends in the pub or club, how would they describe you to me?
I have found that these questions show the guarded side of the candidate. Suddenly, you have them talking about themselves, rather than the prospective job role, and they are more open.
So, if you were being interviewed by me, how would you answer the above?
Here’s what I would say about myself.
- Enjoy living and working outdoors with nature, growing my own food, and possibly making my hobby my business
- Extrovert, optimistic, encouraging, a good listener, looking to live a transparent life with integrity and vulnerability, an encourager of people
- Social, hospitable, easy to get on with, enjoyable company, fun and loving, honest
So go on, do a quick self-analysis and post them in the comments. Looking forward to hearing your answers.