I have been following a very interesting, sad yet uplifting, blog recently. BuckWheatsRisk is an abuse survivor, and her blog details some of her story, what she endured, how she survived, her healing process and her steps to her new future as an abuse survivor.
She was today awarded “The Versatile Blogger Award” and she has only been writing for a few weeks. This is testament to her courageousness to risk, disclose and put ‘pen to paper’.
If this blog tells me one thing it is that everyone has a choice. Yep, life can be good, bad and ugly. However, everyone has the choice to:
- issue punishment or extend forgiveness
- inflict wounding or bring healing
- curl up and ‘die’ or become strong and live
- speak curses or pronounce blessing
- harbour a poverty mentality or open our minds up to abundance
- hide in the darkness of our shame or step out into the light and experience some freedom
- reject others or ourselves, or receive/give acceptance
- cut ourselves off from others or enter into relationship/community
- live out of our old life, or experience a new life.
Bringing positive choices into our lives is not always easy, but we all have a choice. It is up to us.
Congratulations BuckWheatRisk on your award. I hope you continue to make positive choices in your life and be a leading example to many others.